I’ve seen some great status and points match offers in my day, but none quite as good as this. With this promo, Jetblue will match your Virgin America Elevate points up (up to 75,000 of them!) when you take a paid roundtrip JetBlue flight between now and 8/31 and send them a screenshot of your Virgin America points balance? Dont have Virgin America points? You can transfer 40,000 SPG points OR 102,000 Amex Memebership Rewards points to Virgin America to take advantage of this promo. You have to act soon to show your points balance to Jetblue soon, though, as 7/4 is the cutoff time to do this. Here’s how it works:
- Virgin America Elevate® members must email a screenshot of their account dashboard to email@example.com by 7/4/2016. Screenshots must include first name, last name, and points balance. You must include your Trueblue membership number in the email
- One Jetblue assesses your balance and eligibility, they’ll email you to let you know if you’re officially registered for the promotion. You must be registered to get the points.
- THEN, book and fly one paid revenue JetBlue flight by 8/31
- Receive Trueblue points in your account according to the chart below:
So, showing 50,001 miles or more in your Virgin America Elevate account and flying one paid RT trip can net you 75k Trueblue points. Phenomenal (if it lasts!)
- Excellent promotion if you are someone who regularly flies Jetblue routes and are okay with their timetables. Personally I have not much taste for Jetblue as the only markets from the Bay Area of interest are Long Beach (note: NOT LAX), Las Vegas, and New York. JetBlue also flies to Fort Lauderdale and Boston nonstop from SFO. You can check the nonstop vs. connecting options on the interactive JetBlue route map here. They have 2 daily’s to Vegas from SFO– one at 6:30am and one at 2pm — BOTH terrible times. Give me Southwest anyday. This is why I suggest you do a thorough analysis of your travel patterns to see if you would take advantage of Jetblue points (and VX points, for that matter) to begin with.
- Consider the opportunity cost. Great if you already have VX miles sitting in your Elevate account. Shitty if you have to transfer 40,000 SPG and even worse 102,000 MR (unless you’re rolling in SPG points). SPG points have so much value when used elsewhere–so be sure if you go through with this, you’re able to take full advanatge of both VX AND Jetblue flights. VX is admittedly awesome though for west coast travellers as they have tons of routes from both LAX and SFO.
- Keep in mind you have to book a RT paid flight on Jetblue after you become registered for the promo. So there is a cost. That being said, you can find great fares and availability for a day trip/mileagerun for ~$150-200. Costs absolutely jutify rewards if you are getting 75k Trublue points in the end.
- Good opportunity for you to check out JetBlue’s Business Class “Mint” transcon service. Mint has gotten absolutely glowing reviews from bloggers all over the points/miles space, and is often regarded as the best way in the sky to fly commercial. Jetblue also announced Mint service expansion to the followign routes:
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood and Los Angeles (LAX)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood and San Francisco
- Las Vegas and New York (JFK)
- San Diego and New York (JFK)
- San Diego and Boston
- Seattle and New York (JFK)
- Seattle and Bosto
This one ends soon–7/4 is when you need to send the screenshot by. So if you are able to take advanatge and this offer makes sense for you, act soon!
Happy travel hacking!